Getting a dress form or mannequin for free or at a bargain price at a garage sale or craigslist is only a good deal if it comes with a stand. Because if it doesn’t have a stand, finding one that will fit it perfectly is not such an easy task.  There is not a one size fits all when it comes to stands for mannequins and dress forms.

If you are able to determine the manufacturer of your mannequin (many brand name mannequins have the company name stamped on the bottom of the foot, head or butt) that is the best bet for getting a replacement stand. But often if you are lucky enough to find the name of the manufacturer on the mannequin, the company may no longer be in business.

0001

Here is the good news – Mannequin Madness has a range of stands available for both mannequins and dress forms. But the stands we have for sale will fit approximately 75% of the mannequins and forms on the market.

If your mannequin has a hole in the foot, there is a strong possibility this mannequin stand below will work  – for male, female and even children’s mannequins. It is very lightweight gauge metal, so if you have a vintage mannequin – which tends to be heavier than newer mannequins, you might need to add a weight of some kind for additional support.

mannequin stand for a mannequin with a hole in the foot

But if your mannequin has a hole in the calf, the chances decrease significantly that this stand will work. This stand comes with both the calf rod and foot rod attachment and works primarily for newly produced mannequins from China.

mannequin stand for mannequin with hole in calf

When it comes to stands for dress forms, the odds are better. While the diameter of the hole underneath the form can vary in size, as long is the hole is not teeny tiny, most of the stands we offer can fit  (or can be rigged to fit). We have a range of styles from contemporary  metal to antique looking caster iron ones with wheels as well as the traditional wood stands.

wood stand for french style dress form
metal stand for a dress form

On many of the stands a matching neck cap is included in the price.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
16 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Mary Patterson
Mary Patterson
10 years ago

Hi,

I bought a Betsy Johnson store mannequin minus the stand.

It is supported by the bottom of foot and butt. Where can I find a replacement stand?

Thank-you,

Mary Patterson

Debbie
Debbie
8 years ago
Reply to  Judi

I bought mine on ebay, but I don’t know any stamp except an x on the head and on the leg it says FD -8 would that help ? I don’t know what I’m going to do. I can’t sell the doll with no stand.

Betsy
Betsy
9 years ago

Hi!

I have a male half torso form. It is a Silvestri. What kind of stand should I
buy for it? It is hollow. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

jannette phillips
jannette phillips
9 years ago

I need just the stand for singer dressmakers form

Ruby
Ruby
9 years ago

I have a neck to ankle female form and need the hanging pole/ horseshoe base for it, do you sell those? Manufacturer of form ‘Global’ is no longer in business.

japanmannequins
8 years ago

Your blog are impressive to each other.its very useful to me.I read your blog its very good and friendly, Help ful for all.

Mannequins suppliers Dress forms Manufacturers

japanmannequins
8 years ago

You have good content. very useful to all.. Thanks for sharing this.

Mannequins suppliers Dress forms Manufacturers

Mousie
Mousie
8 years ago

Hi!

I have a Vintage Acme dress form but no stand. :[

What’s the best way to find one, or even make it? I’ve tried searching everywhere online, no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Lynn Elder
Lynn Elder
8 years ago

I am considering buying a Kennet and Lindsel dress stand for making garments. Do you have a stand to fit this? It is a ladies size 14 form. Would be great of height could be adjustable?! If so please advise cost and delivery details/charges to Pitlochry Scotland
Thanks!!

Nicole
Nicole
7 years ago

So I have a fill manniquinn, and the ankle rod attachment piece is plastic. It broke. What do I search for to find a replacement? Thanks for you help.

Judi